Yesterday was Thanksgiving day in the US, so I was off work and had lots of time to read. Some of the things I've been reading about food and nutrition lately talk about:
- the value of fermented food and drinks (pickles, sauerkraut, kefir)
- how the human gut is the second brain
- the importance of fiber in our diet
- the merits of intermittent fasting versus eating multiple smaller meals each day
- low carb diets, high in fats (like Paleo), with or without grains and gluten
I remember when I lost a lot of weight once before, when I was living in England back in 2006, I drank a little bottle of Yakult probiotic dairy (sugary) drink each day. I wouldn't do that now, but I would be okay with other fermented foods and drinks.