When I was drinking freshly squeezed vegetable juices, my diabetic partner at the time would add chia seeds to our drinks so that she'd get the extra protein she needed. It's really a good thing, hence the name Superfood in this recipe.
Chocolate Chia Seed Superfood Pudding
|Chocolate chia pudding|
- 1¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond or coconut)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Dark chocolate shavings for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a large glass jar with a lid, give it a quick stir, then put the lid on.
- Shake it like crazy to mix it all up.
- Refrigerate until very thick and pudding-like, at least 4 hours or overnight, shaking or stirring occasionally.
- Serve the pudding chilled with whatever topping you’d like.